Sat Jan 21
- First Holy Reconciliation Retreat The retreat is only for members of the Saint Gregory the Great parish who have been participating in the preparation program. 9am-12pm Church
Tue Jan 24
- Mass: Dress Uniform (all will attend in-person)
Wed Jan 25
- NEXTrex bag recycling contest day See more information below
Thur Jan 26
- Used Uniform Closet will be opened 3:00 – 4:00pm (small bills are appreciated)
Fri Jan 27
- Super Saints Raffle Dress Down Day
SGGS LOOKING AHEAD
- Saints Quarterly-2nd Quarter: Please click here to read it.
- Catholic School Week: Please click here for more information.
- Catholic School Week Art Show: Please click here for more information.
- CHKD Heartbeat Bear Initiative: Please click here for more information.
- Lunch Menu: January
- SGGS Sports Schedule: Support our Saints! Don’t forget to support our Saints at this weekend’s basketball games. Here is the January 21st schedule of games.
- Advancement Save the Dates: Please click here.
- Yearbook Order Form: Please click here
- Volunteer Opportunities: Please click here
SGGS News and Events
House of Elizabeth Coat Drive Time to clean out your coat closet and hit the coat rack at your favorite department store! The House of Elizabeth is hosting a coat drive to benefit Project Hope, a program that gives coats to kids in need in our community. Please click here for more information.
SCA’s NEXTrex bag recycling contest The SGGS SCA has entered the school in a recycling contest! We are competing against other schools our size across the region. The school who collects the most poundage will be awarded a bench made of Trex! Normal collection days will be the second Wednesday** of the month (through April). The first collection will be: Wednesday, 25 Jan.
A special collection bin will be available by the office entrance to each building. Please make sure bags are clean! Please note this is bags only- not other plastics! (**if response is super fabulous, we can add additional Wednesday collection days!)
This project comes with a parent service hour opportunity!! We need someone who will take the bags to the recycling collection site! Please sign up here—> NexTrex bag pick up and delivery
Grandparents Day To all the Grandparents of Saint Gregory the Great Catholic School students: you are invited to join us for a special celebration of Grandparents at SGGS. If you would like to attend, please click here for more information and to RSVP. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
CHKD Heartbeat Bear Initiative: SGGS National Junior Honor Society is sponsoring the CHKD Heartbeat Bear Initiative again this year. This is the third year that we have supported this program. Last year we raised $2,500. Click here to read the WAVY News article from February 2022 about our school. Our goal this year is $2,800. Please help us support CHKD with this important program. Please click here for more information.
Volunteers Needed – SGGS Athletic Fields SGGS is currently forming a committee for athletic fields repair and maintenance. As a result of the SGGS Raffle, the PTG has allotted us with funding for repair and maintenance of the athletic fields. We would like to have a committee of volunteers to support this effort before Spring sports begin. Our first committee meeting will be the week of January 23rd (more details to follow.) Please use the sign-up here to show your interest.
Anthony Daniel Rossi Middle School Memorial Scholarship– applications are now being accepted from any rising sixth, seventh or eighth grader! Your student can learn more about this opportunity by picking up an application from the Main Office in Scholastica or Vianney Hall.
!!Yearbook!! SGGS 2022-2023 yearbooks can be ordered here! Yearbooks are $20 each and must be ordered online. Be sure to place your order by February 17th to avoid a price increase to $35. Questions? Please email Mrs. Thompson.
Winter Sports and Activities
Beach FC Soccer Registration Beach FC Spring Soccer is open. Sign up with SGGS as the closest school to you. Please click here to register.
Mad Science This popular science program is returning to SGGS for grades for grades 1-5 beginning February 7th – March 14th. The program will run from 3-4pm every Tuesday. There is a maximum of 20 students, so sign-up now! Pay the $100 registration fee to Mad Science: more information and registration here. Please note, Beyond the Bell is at capacity. All students not currently registered for BTB must be picked up after the program on time.
- Men’s Club Friday Night Bingo (Two Bingos per year required) Sign-up HERE
- Bingo Set Up and Clean Up:
- Art Room Donations The art room is in need of new sharpies and big erasers. Please bring donations to the main office. Thank you!
- News from the Library – The Library is looking to fill its shelves. Please consider donating a title from the SGGS Library Amazon Wish List. Every title on the list is a wanted one! The wishlist can be found here. For every $5 spent, you can log one volunteer hour (up to 10 hours may be purchased.)
- Advancement Wish List: Looking for a way to get some volunteer hours and go shopping at the same time? Check out the Advancement Team Wish List! These are items or examples of items that the Advancement Team is looking for to help support the Saints Ball, Golf Tournament, and other events throughout the year. Items purchased can be exchanged for volunteer hours, 1 hour=$5, and receipts are required for tangible items.
- SGGS Athletic Fields Please use the sign-up here to show your interest.
- SCA NEXTrex bag recycling contest This project comes with a parent service hour opportunity!! We need someone who will take the bags to the recycling collection site! Please sign up here—> NexTrex bag pick up and delivery
From the Business Office
- FACTS IS NOW ACCEPTING FINANCIAL AID APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2023/2024 SCHOOL YEAR.
- You must meet the FACTS plan criteria for need in order to be considered for any financial aid grant. Please note that the deadline for applying for financial aid is March 1, 2023. Your FACTS application and ALL supporting documents must be submitted by that date to be considered for round 1 grant awards. If you apply after the March 1 deadline, and qualify for aid, you will be considered for round 2 or round 3 awards, if funds are still available.
- You may apply online here. FACTS service representatives are available to assist you if you have any questions regarding the online application process at 866-441-4637.
- Financial aid grants are NEVER carried over from year to year so you must apply each school year in order to be considered for a grant.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding the financial aid process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
SGGS Community News
Knights of Columbus: The KOC is sponsoring a free throw championship this weekend in our SGGS Gym. Please click here for more information.
SGGS Moms’ Group will meet on Wednesday mornings from 7:45-9 am in the Damien Room. We are studying the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Email Katrina at email@example.com for more details. All are welcome!
SAVE THE DATE- Saint Gregory the Great Parish Mission is scheduled for February 27, 28 and March 1. The mission priest is Father Bill Garrott, OP and the Theme is “Christ-Lock: Identity Theft No More!” He will be the celebrant at the 8:30 am Masses those days and his homilies will be focused on his Mission theme. The Mission talks are at 7pm for about an hour. Fr. Garrott will lead the rosary starting at about 6:30pm for anyone interested, and he will hear confessions after the 8:30 am Masses (not school-wide on Tuesday) and Mission talks. Fr. Garrott says his Mission talks are engaging for all ages 2nd grade and above. The Church will be providing child care for young children during the evening Mission talks over at the Day Care center from 6:30-8:30pm.
First Reconciliation Retreat Saint Gregory the Great Catholic Church Religious Education Department invites you to attend our First Holy Reconciliation Retreat. The retreat is only for members of the Saint Gregory the Great parish who have been participating in the preparation program. This will be a morning of prayer, reflection, and coming together as a parish community to learn more about the Sacrament of healing. Click here for more information.
Saints Weekly Please submit items for the Saints Weekly by Thursday at noon to Kristie Kimener at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Catholic Vision is to lead like a Saint.
Our Mission at Saint Gregory the Great Catholic School is to evangelize the Good News of Jesus Christ in order to transform lives, hearts, and minds through exemplary teaching and learning, worship, faith formation, and discipleship through service. As members of God’s diverse family, we treasure the rich traditions of our Roman Catholic faith and welcome all to a spiritual home and to an enlightened, joyful, and vibrant life in Christ.