Fri Sep 16
- Saints Spirit Shop: Closes at midnight TONIGHT For new design options, please visit Spirit Store online to place Spirit Shop online to place your order. Please click here for more information.
- Beyond the Bell pick-up in Vianney Hall Assembly Room. See the message below for more information.
Mon Sep 19
- MAP Growth Testing At the conclusion of the testing window (September 16th), once testing is completed and verified, information about your student’s performance will be provided.
Tues Sep 20
- Mass: Dress Uniform (all will attend in-person)
Thur Sep 22
- Used Uniform Closet Open 3-4pm EVERY Thursday
Fri Sep 23
- Super Saints Raffle: Cookie Day Pass Turn In Day
- Wear your raffle shirt with uniform bottoms
- K-8 grade Progress Reports emailed
- Saints Invitational Golf Tournament
- Fall Sports Schedule: Support our Saints! Please click here!
- September 30: JK-7 Yearbook Picture Day (8th grade date will be announced later) Wear your dress uniform.
SGGS News and Events
Beyond the Bell Friday ONLY Pick-up We continue to work with the parish in evaluating the best protocols for Beyond the Bell on Fridays. Until further notice, all students will be picked up from the Assembly Room in Vianney Hall on Fridays ONLY. Please inform all authorized pick-up persons of this change. Thank you for your continued support.
Go Guardian App This app will allow you to monitor what your child/children are accessing on the SGGS Chromebook, set time limits (for home use) and block additional websites from being accessible at home. If you’d like access to this app, please take a moment to complete this form (one form per parent is needed) and we’ll create a free account for you. It is our sincere hope that this tool affords you the opportunity to monitor your child’s activity as we work to improve the overall online safety experience for our students. Once your account has been created we’ll send you the directions for how to download and access the app.
Yearbook Orders Don’t play games…pre-order your SGGS Yearbook TODAY! Yearbooks are $20.00 and can be purchased online only. Payment may be via your FACTS account or cash/check. All orders must be placed and money sent in an envelope marked:“2022-2023 Yearbook Order | (your last name) | Colleen Thompson” by February 17, 2023. Questions please contact Mrs. Thompson.
Making Drop Off/Pick-Up Successful Please review the drop off procedures as we have noted some recent safety violations. The most important things to remember about drop off in the morning is to remain in your car, follow the car in front of you and pull all the way up until a staff or faculty member instructs you to stop. Never pull out of line at any time! It is extremely important for the safety of both our students and staff that all parents remain in their vehicles and in line at all times. If you feel that your child needs a little extra time to hug and say their goodbyes, please consider parking in the gym or church lot and walking them to their door. The morning drop off line is meant to be quick and efficient. Students are expected to be ready to disembark as soon as safely possible when their vehicle stops. Drop Off Procedures- https://youtu.be/9XxrxwxZlKM Please make sure to share these instructions with anyone who might drop-off/pick up your child.
Reminders for Pick-Up Pick Up Procedures – https://youtu.be/uFzMfqn5pk0
- Parents/drivers should not move cars until directed to do so by the school staff directing traffic.
- Parents/drivers should always follow teachers’ directions when exiting the parking lot.
- During dismissal from the main lot, parents/drivers should walk to the front of the school on the sidewalk to get their students, not wave at them to cross the parking lot on their own.
- When parents/drivers arrive for dismissal, all should fill up all of the spots in the parking lot until students come out of the building.
- Parents/drivers who arrive after dismissal begins should remain in their cars until all of the other cars are dismissed first.
Guardian Angel Hall Drop Off and Pick Up– https://youtu.be/uFzMfqn5pk0
Dollars for Dough Hungry for pizza? You can get your dinner and support SGGS at the same time! Use the code SGGSVB when you purchase online at any Hampton Roads area Papa Johns and 10% of your order will come back to SGGS! Bonus…you can stack your coupon codes so that you’re still getting your personal pizza deal, too! Questions? Contact Mrs. Thompson
Join our Team! Substitute Teachers – All grades. To apply as a substitute teacher, please complete and email a Diocesan Application to Mrs. Robyn Dahl.
Saints Raffle Information
RAFFLE SPECIAL PRIZE TURN-IN DAY: Friday, 9/23, is a special prize turn-in day for the Raffle. If you turn in 10 sold tickets, all students in the family will receive a chocolate chip cookie pass from the cafeteria. Students can also wear their Raffle shirt to school this day!
VOLUNTEER HOURS FOR THE SUPER SAINTS RAFFLE!
We need lots of volunteers to run the Super Saints Raffle! Please join us for the fun and sign up!
Super Saints Raffle Volunteer Opportunities:
- Week of 9/19: Raffle ticket daily reconciliation (must be Virtus trained): 8a-until it’s done: Sign up here:
- Week of September 26th: Sign up here.
- Week of October 3rd: Sign up here.
- Men’s Club Friday Night Bingo (Two Bingos per year required) Sign-up HERE
- Spoiling the Faculty and Staff: Please click here to sign up.
- Bingo Set Up and Clean Up:
- Art Room Donations The art room is in need of new markers and sharpies, both thick and thin. Please bring donations to the main office. Thank you!
- Sants Shop Volunteers Santa shop is right around the corner and we are looking for a few consistent year round volunteers. You must be Virtus trained. Please contact Heather Dobzyniak for information at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Catholic High School Crusader 5K Join CHS on Saturday, October 8, 2022, for the Annual Crusader 5k and Mini Crusader Mile Run! Whether you walk, jog, or run, come out and show your support for the students and school! Open to adults and children of all ages. Be sure to wear your green and gold to show your Crusader Pride- there will be prizes for Most-Spirited! Runners will receive a t-shirt, race bag, bib number, and FREE Post Race Breakfast sponsored and served by the Knights of Columbus Council 8240 – Chesapeake! More information can be found here.
40 Days for Life Get involved with 40 Days for Life prayer and vigils to end abortion. More information can be found here.
Patriot’s Pen Middle School Essay Contest Attention 6-8th grade students- The VFW is holding a Patriot’s essay contest. For more information, please view the flyer here.
Senate Page Program The Senate Page Program is a dynamic, engaging and educational experience that honors and preserves the tradition of service to the legislature. Senate Pages have served the upper chamber of the legislature since at least 1850. The experience today is designed to provide a foundation of knowledge for the next generation of administrators, managers, elected-officials and civic leaders. Structured similar to a college preparatory program, organized learning activities compliment the day-to-day duties of all Senate Pages. The mission of the Senate Page Program is to facilitate a structured environment in which young Virginians accept responsibility and accountability, develop professional characteristics through strict standards of conduct and engage in the legislative process through work, observation and discussion. For more information and steps to apply for the program, click here.
Shatter the Silence FREE youth suicide prevention/awareness event for teens, tweens, and young adults This event is sponsored by the Region 5 CSB Prevention Council and Community Partners. More information can be found here.
Knights BBQ Drive Thru – The Chickens Come Back! The Knights of Columbus’ BBQ Chicken with the Fixin’s Drive Thru will be September 18th and October 2nd after the 9:00 and 11:00 Masses. Meals are only $12 for a BBQ Chicken Quarter, Cole Slaw, French Fries, Hush Puppies and Texas Toast. Drive by St. Benedict Hall behind the Gym to get yours! Please click here for more information.
Come Experience Virginia Beach Ballet Academy Please click here if you are interested.
Saints Weekly Please submit items for the Saints Weekly by Thursday at noon to Kristie Kimener at email@example.com.
Our Catholic Vision is to lead like a Saint.
Our Mission at Saint Gregory the Great Catholic School is to evangelize the Good News of Jesus Christ in order to transform lives, hearts, and minds through exemplary teaching and learning, worship, faith formation, and discipleship through service. As members of God’s diverse family, we treasure the rich traditions of our Roman Catholic faith and welcome all to a spiritual home and to an enlightened, joyful, and vibrant life in Christ.